A note from Phyllis Ellison, Director of Entrepreneur Services and Institutional/Corporate Partnerships at Cortex.
Even if you’re new to St. Louis, or new to the innovation community, you’re starting to realize that you have a great selection of events to fill your calendar. Why should StartUp Connection ’14 be at the top of your list?
Celebrating Our Community
StartUp Connection isn’t about a certain corner of the pie. It’s about celebrating the whole thing! And we have a lot to celebrate.
• Steady flow of new ideas – we can fill the Venture Showcase with emerging companies every year…across a range of industries.
• Innovation is thriving – across St. Louis. Entrepreneurs are evaluating ideas in Square One at the Center for Emerging Technologies, at StartLouis at TRex, at the area universities, and at 1 Million Cups at Nine Network. Corporate innovation is taking a new twist with Boeing’s Ventures group and Nestle Purina PetCare’s Emerging Growth Group moving to the @4240 Building in Cortex. The startups we celebrated a couple years ago – like Aisle411, Lockerdome, Bonfyre, and Yurbuds – aren’t looking so “little” anymore.
• Money is flowing – Money may not grow on trees, but there’s more of it available to entrepreneurs in St. Louis. From the new Yield Lab AgTech accelerator and the Prosper Women’s Accelerator joining the ranks of Capital Innovators, SixThirty and Arch Grants, to the growing angel investor ranks at Prosper, Arch Angels and Billiken Angels, there have never been more opportunities for investors to support regional startups.
Which Industry? All of them!
StartUp Connection is the only event highlighting the breadth of innovation that’s happening in our startup community. You expect our IT and Bio powerhouses to bring their best startups, but you also get the diversity of Education, FinTech, Consumer Products, and Manufacturing industries.
What about MY business?
What do you need? Mentoring? Funding? Workshops? Incubators? Office space designed with entrepreneurs in mind? Accelerators? Attorneys? Accountants? There no need to run all over the city. It’s all at StartUp Connection!
Get what you want out of an event
• The connections.
• The contact with entrepreneurs – 70 of them!
• The resources to grow your business.
• The inspiration!
I would be remiss if I didn’t mention the Energy…yes, with a capital “E”! Everyone that’s been to StartUp Connection talks about it: “What amazing Energy!” I wish I could put it in a bottle and tote it around town to show people. We experience that energy in bits and pieces throughout the year, and StartUp Connection is the reminder of how great that Energy feels when we bring all the pieces together. St. Louis is creating something amazing!
StartUp Connection is a party for us all, a true celebration of all the entrepreneurship in St. Louis. Come get inspired! Come feel the Energy! Come be a part of the innovation community!
See more details and register at www.StartUpConnection.org.