Web Site Terms and Conditions of Use
By accessing this Cortex web site, you agree to be bound by these Web Site Terms and Conditions of Use (“Terms”), and further agree that to be responsible for compliance with all applicable laws and regulations. If you do not agree with any of these Terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this web site (“Site”).
2. Use License
Permission is granted for you to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on this Site for your personal, non-transferable, non-commercial, transitory viewing only. This is a grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on this Site;
- remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Cortex at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
3. Links to Third Party Websites
This Site may contain links to third party websites that Cortex does not own or control. Cortex has not reviewed all of the sites linked to this Site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Cortex of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at your own risk.
4. Third Party Content
This Site may contain third party materials, including, without limitation, third party videos. Cortex is not responsible for the contents of such third party materials. The inclusion of such third party materials does not necessarily imply endorsement by Cortex. Use of any such third party materials is at your own risk.
The materials on this Site are provided “as is”. Cortex makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Cortex does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, completeness, currency or reliability of the materials on this Site, or of availability, security or reliability of this Site or the materials on this Site or on any sites linked to this Site. Cortex may make changes to the materials contained on this Site at any time without notice. Cortex does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
In no event shall Cortex or its affiliates, agents or suppliers, or any of its or their respective shareholders, members, directors, officers, employees or agents, be liable for any damages or other losses (including, without limitation, any direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive, or consequential damages) arising out of the use or inability to use this Site or materials on this Site or on any site linked to this Site, even if Cortex or a Cortex authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damages or losses. To the extent any applicable jurisdiction does not allow any of the foregoing limitations to apply, such limitations will not apply but Cortex’s total aggregate liability to you will under no circumstances exceed $100.
7. Intellectual Property
The materials comprising and contained in this Site are the exclusive property of Cortex and its licensors and, except for your personal use as expressly set forth above, may not be used in any form or means, without the prior written consent of Cortex. The materials are protected by applicable copyright, trademark or other intellectual property rights under the law. All rights are reserved.
8. Digital Millennium Copyright Act
If you believe that any content infringes your copyrights, you may submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) by providing our copyright agent with the following information in writing:
- Identification of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing and information reasonably sufficient to permit Cortex to locate the material;
- Your name, address, telephone number, and email address;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is infringing and not authorized;
- A statement, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf; and
- The electronic or physical signature of the copyright owner or a person authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
(See 17 U.S.C. § 512(c)(3) for further detail.)
To submit a notification of claimed infringement, please contact Cortex’s copyright agent at the following address:
Cortex copyright agent
4320 Forest Park Avenue
St. Louis, MO 63108
10. Governing Law; Venue
This Site is controlled and offered by Cortex from its facilities in the City of St. Louis, Missouri (United States of America). Any claim or dispute between you and Cortex that relates to this Site shall be governed by the laws of the State of Missouri, without regard to its conflict of law provisions, and shall be decided exclusively by a court of competent jurisdiction in the City of St. Louis, Missouri.
These Terms are effective as of June, 2016.
© 2016 Cortex. All rights reserved.